I’ve been on WordPress for some months now, reading the posts and journals of others, just like a lurker, and haven’t posted a single thing here.
A monkey at a typewriter could do better, so maybe I should get moving and post something. It would be better to be typing the lyrics to a nonsense-verse song here than to just have a blank page that shows nothing. So what have I been doing?
- I’ve been spending a lot of time here, reviewing a wide variety of books, music releases and assorted products.
- Have been interacting socially on Facebook a lot more than previously.
- Had been spending far too much time here and on other forums on that site. It’s all to easy to get involved in the back and forth discussions in on-line forums, but to what end?
- I used to spend far too much time refuting very abusive comments made here by a very nasty troll who had it in for women who chose to breastfeed in public. One has to learn at some point that once cannot argue with a truly ignorant (or bigoted) mind.
- Have been having fun watching my son grow from a boy to a young man in his early teens. It’s quite enjoyable to see him doing the things that give him pleasure in his world, from making faces at his Beta (fish) and getting responses, to seeing his enjoyment as he plays new games with his Nintendo DSi, to seeing the wonderful results that he gets with his new Fuji Finepix S700 digital camera… probably the best creative investment that I ever made.
- Have been eyeing Amazon’s Kindle quite a bit, realizing that it may well be the future of books as we know them.
- Have been enjoying the fact that fall is coming, and that I’ll be able to get in more time on my MTB (mountain bike) as the weather cools.
It’s amazing what one can come up with when one looks around and thinks for a few minutes.
Maybe it’s about time!